Saturday, August 2, 2008

gratitude


thank you for all the congratulations and well wishes, my friends. one thing that has been really nice so far about pregnancy is getting a chance to connect with people in a new way; new conversations with friends who are parents, a good reason to get in touch with old friends I haven't talked to in a while. so, it's been nice.

As far as my pregnancy goes, I have been soooo lucky so far. No real morning sickness to speak of, only some tiredness (but nothing that a nap on the couch or going to sleep at 9 pm can't solve). I feel pretty blessed by that. The worst thing I've noticed is that I pretty much lost interest in everything for the first few months. Hence, not much blogging. :) Hardly any new pages in my art journals or scrapbooks. And my garden got a little overgrown. Things are getting better though, my house is actually clean again too.

January 17 feels like a long time away now, but I know it will be here soon. We aren't going to find out if we're having a boy or a girl, so it's an exciting surprise to look forward to. I just hope that everything continues to go as well as it has been so far. It's a pretty amazing experience.

1 comment:

kimberly said...

Due just three months after me...so exciting! It's cool that you're not finding out the sex. People always are saying to us "good for you" when they hear we're not. I guess it's just not that common. Anyway, so excited for you both and I'm glad your pregnancy has been smooth so far!