Tuesday, February 5, 2008

clothes, and cheese

well, as if I needed any more reasons to be head over heels for j.crew. . . their newest catalog is shot in Rome. It's kind of sick how perfect that is. You HAVE to go watch the intro video. The images online aren't as great as the catalog, but I'll share a few.

now I want to travel back in time so I can wear that yellow dress on our trip to rome last year.

Anyway, on to other things. . . This weekend I went to indiana to visit my friend Valerie. It's so bizarre to be back in a college environment. I really appreciated it, since I so rarely run into the grad schoolie academic type in my daily life anymore, and I desperately miss that kind of character. On the other hand, it's so strange being in the weird middle-ish time of life. 27: friends with kids, friends just married, friends in school. I feel so in the middle of all of that and pulled in all directions, the Stretch Armstrong of friendship. I guess I'm kind of used to it, it's been this way for a few years now. But this weekend was just a giant flashing reminder of it.

And finally, cheese. On the way down to Bloomington I kept passing signs for some dairy farm. Intruiging. So I checked it out, and it was a little cheese utopia right off the freeway in indiana. I highly recommend stopping into Fair Oaks Farm if your travels ever take you on 1-65. Samples to your heart's content! I enjoyed it so much I stopped there on the way back too. And now there is yummy Hickory Smoked Gouda in my fridg.

No comments: