Thursday, September 17, 2009

fall TV

Next new blog topic. . . new TV shows for the fall!


Of course, at the top of the list is the new Project Runway and Top Chef. Maybe it's the fact that I've been watching both of these shows for so long, but I feel like it's obvious that there are maybe 4-5 really decent contestants and everyone else is just destined to get kicked off. Top Chef this season especially. I mean, there's the two brothers, the one chick, and the beardy red head guy. . . . who else? It seems like they all kind of don't have it together.



And I'm enjoying Project Runway, but there is not a single person that stands out to me. It always seems to get more interesting once they're down to 6-8 contestants though.


Since LOST isn't on until next winter, I don't have too many other shows I'm really invested in. Biggest Loser started this week, which is my one big mainstream guilty pleasure TV show. And 30 Rock! That quickly became my new favorite sitcom last season. And we get to see what's up with Jim and Pam and little Jim or Pam Jr.


I'm definitely interested in the new show Community, since it features my Friday night clip show host crush Joel McHale. I didn't have a lot of hope for it, but after seeing the first episode tonight, I was pleasantly surprised.


It's Joel! And the guy from the hilarious phone commercials about butt dialing. Hooray.

1 comment:

willikat said...

I have a crush on Joel McHale, too. I was pleasantly surprised when I laughed out loud at the show last week.

PR is kind of boring this season, isn't it? It seems like they are trying to manufacture drama ... but I'm committed to a couple of the designers since they both hail from the good ol' MN, so I'm sticking it out for them.

I totally called those four people during the second show. It is SO OBVIOUS. I am not even that good at predicting stuff like that, that's how obvious it is.