Friday, September 11, 2009

Booted

Since you're in such suspense about this topic, and it's obviously one of the biggest issues in my life right now, I'm going to kick off my blogging with. . . . boots!

(Katie, this one's for you. :) So glad you get how huge this is. )

I had been visiting the Frye For-the-Ages boots on the anthro site for over a month, kind of waiting to see if I ever didn't really like them. But no, the love just kept growing. So a few weeks ago I decided to bite the bullet and go for it.


AND. They were sold out in my size. Oh, and also my alternate size up. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? (all caps definitely called for on this occasion.) I seriously almost cried. Then I felt kind of stupid, because they're just boots, but whatever. I was sad.


After a few days of mulling it over, emailing an anthropologie sales rep (helpful but not with the answer I wanted) and googling every possible combination of Frye, for the ages, boot, and size 7 (and coming up with nothing) I found a more than suitable replacement from Zappos. Oh zappos, with your saved credit card information and free shipping, you make it so easy to spend a ton of dough.



I ended up with these, the Frye Jane 14 stitch in "Vintage Brown." The picture really doesn't do them justice, because they look kind of black here, and they're really a nice distressed chocolate brown. And the more I look at the photos, they're almost exactly the same as the others, it's only the color that's different. I am so happy with them. For one, they smell amazing! Really leather-y and rich. They're so well made, too, which they should be for the price I paid. I definitely look forward to wearing them for years and years to come.


The second big heartbreak about my boot saga is, I swear the day I got these in the mail was the beginning of our streak of 80+ degree days again. So, the boots have not really made an appearance in real life. Can't wait though.


Seriously, HOORAY. This is one of the biggest purchases I've made in a while, and it feels so nice to treat myself.

5 comments:

justem said...

Oooh! they look fantastic!
I have that issuse of waiting too long to buy something and then it's gone. Also, I just am thinking that I don't think I ever emailed you back AGAIN. Will check my calender and email you some dates!!!

Captain Nick Sparrow said...

I love shoes. I would have understood if you cried. Congratulations on your replacement boots!

willikat said...

Yesssss! I would have cried, totally! I really, really like those. There are some Frye boots in the Victoria's Secret catalogue that are to DIE. They are gray, with covered buttons up the side, and the front side of the boot is just a smidge taller than the back side, so they look Victorian.

Trust me, I'm lusting over them, but they are like $475 and 4 3/4" tall, which just isn't doable for me on either front. Still, when I see them, my heart starts to race. :)

Elizabeth said...

i really like the dark chocolate brown ones! they are just such a nice color for fall aaand winter!

Ash said...

I have these boots and LOVE them!