Tuesday, November 4, 2008

election day 2008, part 2


as american as. . . , originally uploaded by katie-oltremare.

I figured today is a fitting day to post something as patriotic as an apple pie. I made this on Sunday, and I think this was by far the prettiest pie I've ever baked. It was tasty, too, as evidenced by the fact that most of it was eaten before I even had a chance to take a photo.

I cast my ballot this morning, and I have to say I did get a little misty-eyed in the voting booth. I feel pretty proud today.

It was crazy at work, almost felt like a holiday. Just kind of a heightened sense of . . . something. Though that could have also been a heightened sense of worry about traffic. With the big Obama rally downtown lots of my coworkers were leaving early to avoid any big jams. It's kind of fun to live so close to all the action.

2 comments:

justem said...

YUM.

As cool as it would have been to go to the Obama Rally...WAY too many people for me!! But I agree...very fun to be so close to it all!

Peach Pit said...

What an adorable pie plate! (And a delicious-looking final piece of pie ;)