Monday, December 11, 2006

Resolve

It's been an eventful week in katieland. Last week I had my annual review at work and got a raise. The next day I had a job interview. Today my boss found my resume online (eep!) and we had a talk about it, which was pretty awful but unbelievably excellent in the end. It's been a lot of pondering all crammed into seven days, but I feel like I'm coming out of all these things with a new resolve towards my career.

I'm 26. But most days at work I feel like a fresh college grad—ambivalent, awkward, sloppy. I'm always thinking about what comes later rather than what is in front of me; it's dawned on me that this is immature and pointless. Selfish too. In the long haul my attitude is what has made me unhappier and more dissatisfied than I should be. I'm owning up to it and it's giving me a better perspective.

So here are my new career/workplace goals:
1. Work as hard as I possibly can.
2. Mind my own damn business.

I'm pretty sure between those two things I can vastly improve my situation.

(side note: so much for not talking about my feelings. that didn't last long!)

No comments: